Saturday, July 23, 2011

mostly I've been swimming in lakes, but also...

- I have a new short story called It's Just Not Working Out in the lastest issue of THIS magazine
- I'm reading on August 11 at Another Story Bookstore on Roncesvalles Ave in Toronto

Other than that, I'm working away on the new novel, and occasionally on the collection of short stories called We Might Be The Worst People on Earth.

For some folks who asked on Twitter, I do love attending book club meetings. If you'd be interested in booking something like that you can reach me via laura@anansi.ca for Holding Still for as Long as Possible, or m.howsam@cormorantbooks.com for Bottle Rocket Hearts.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Hi there - I just tried to friend you on FB with the hopes only of being able to send you a message but it wouldn't let me so I went here. SO - hours after getting married last May I groggily picked up a copy of Holding Still for as Long as Possible to read on my honeymoon. I loved it, and I loved reading about Toronto while on a resort in the Dominican. Which is where I left the book to be picked up by some Germans or Brits. Then I finally just read Bottle Rocket Hearts. I finished it 20 minutes ago. It was SO. GREAT. I curled up in a duvet and read it like a cheesecake, just devouring the taste of it. I'm a fan. just wanted you to know. Love your stuff. Having lived through both time frames I feel like I know and lived with the people of these books. You are good and I am a fan. Guess that's what I wanted to say. I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point but I will be championing your work until then. And likely after then.
Thanks

Amanda

amanda said...

Hi there -
So I read Holding Still for as Long as Possible on my honeymoom. I grabbed it at the airport quite groggily a few hours after getting married. I Loved it hard and left it in the little book exchange in the Dominican. I just read Bottle Rocket Hearts. I finished it a half hour ago, cuddled in a duvet and reliving the 90s and my 20s. I love your work. I love the Canada in your work. I will champion it. I'm sure we will cross paths at some point but just want to say that I'm a fan.
Thanks
Amanda