Tuesday, May 25, 2010

first day of summer

* Holding Still for as Long as Possible is now out in paper. It's pretty and now way more portable and affordable! The Globe & Mail picked it as one of the hot new paperbacks!
* I wrote the cover story for this month's Quill & Quire, a feature on author Katherine Govier.
* I wrote a review of Girl Crazy by Russell Smith for the Globe & Mail.
* I will be reading at the Trigger festival in Toronto on June 11th, with fellow femme writers Anna Camilleri and Debra Anderson.
* I will be reading in New York City on September 14th, at McNally Jackson, 52 Prince St., with Amanda Stern, Emily Schultz, Jim Hanas, and Brian Joseph Davis.
* Sad about the death of artist Will Munro, who is memorialized by friends in Eye Weekly.

3 comments:

Robby said...

That little bio at the end of your review of Girl, Crazy? Brilliant. Made my day.
I need to read your books. The anticipation is killing me.

Grace O'Connell said...

Oooh I wish I could come to your New York reading! Eat a black and white cookie for me!

Susan Margaret said...

A tremendously HUGE thanks to you for coming to Listowel today and spending time with my students. You have a number of huge fans now (myself included!). I can't wait to pick up your other books - I'm especially interested in Bottle Rocket Hearts. Thanks for being so awesome (and reminding me how much I loved the Dead Milkmen)! :)